Two more Chester Upland students are awarded Gates Millennium Scholarships!
Photo credit: Kenvon Mingledoff, STEM student
An open letter from CUSD's Receiver, Dr. Francis Barnes, concerning special education funding in the Chester Upland School District (8/24/15)
"Scholarships, winter coats, friendship and support are all gifts from area auto dealers that mean so much to our children and indeed the entire Chester Upland School District community," said CUSD Supt. Gregory Shannon. "On behalf of the five high school seniors who are receiving scholarships from the Pacifico Foundation, and the hundreds of our children who received quality winter coats last winter from the Auto Dealers CARing for Kids Foundation, we say thank you. Our local car dealers are outstanding members of our community."
From left to right: Chief of Staff Claudia Averette, Khalaf Jihad, Kerry Pacifio, Ocean Williams, Superintendent Gregory Shannon, Jailene Rodriguez, Principal Greaves of STEM Academy, Jeovanni Carrion, Tae'Juan Payne, and Principal McAlister of Chester HS.
- Find out all about the generosity of the Driving Away the Cold initiative: coats to Elementary School students, a cash donation to start a uniform bank for CUSD students, and more! (10/28/14)
- Visit our Facebook page to see more photos from the donation!
- Local auto dealers donate new Winter coat to every Elementary School student in Chester Upland School District (10/21/14)
- Chester Upland SD welcomes new and returning students to first day of school! School officials report leap in enrollment! (9/4/14)
- Music store owner donates piano to Chester Upland School District (8/26/14)
- Public invited to Frederick Douglass book signing at Stetser Elementary (8/14/14)
- "Come on back," say members of Chester Upland School District's Board (8/14/14)
The Board of School Directors invite parents and their children to come back to the Chester Upland School District's Cyber School during a meeting at the district's administration building today. From left are Board Members Wanda Mann; Beverly Harris; William Riley, treasurer; Anthony Johnson, vice president; Bettie McClairen, president; Tyra Quail, secretary; Joan Neal and Cephus Richardson.
Not able to attend the meeting was Charlie Warren II. (Photo by Kevin Thomas).
- Chester Upland School District renews commitment to the arts at CUSA (8/13/14)
- Chester Upland SD $118M Budget Approved (7/7/14)
- New Chester Upland School District shows marked improvement (5/22/14)
- Two STEM Academy Students Earn Coveted Gates Millennium Scholarships (5/5/14)
- Brief Lockdown at Chester HS (3/31/14)
- Parent University to Help Parents Enhance Their Children's Reading Abilities in Courses (1/16/14)
- Statement of Reciever Joe Watkins Regarding Chester Community Charter School (12/18/13)
- Chester Upland to distribute 2,000 Winter coats to students on Friday, Nov 22 (11/20/13)
- "Choice Bus" visiting Toby Farms (11/6/13)
- Crozer Keystone donates laptops to STEM at Showalter (10/17/13)
- Launch of Parent University at Annual Parent Summit, Nov 3 (10/16/13)
- Superintendent appoints overseer of District charter schools (9/19/13)
- Bells are ringing for First Day of School in Chester Upland (9/3/13)
- 44 Reasons to Enroll in Chester Upland (7/1/13)
- CUSD receives $55,000 grant to provide Life Skills training (6/21/13)
- CUSD Superintendent's Leadership Team hired (5/31/13)
- Parents, Students are the focus of May 4 Summit at CUSD (4/25/13)
- CUSD to implement Security Improvement Plan (4/7/13)
- Greg Shannon, turn-around specialist, named Superintendent (3/16/13)
- Community Partnership Team, Chester champions to participate in focus groups in search of superintendent (3/5/13)
- Chester Upland students compete in Science Olympiad (3/4/13)
- Emancipation Proclamation Celebration at Stetser Elementary (2/26/13)
The STEM School at Showalter accepts the donation of five laptops courtesy of KYW Newsradio and Crozer-Keystone Health System. Pictured are: Adam Baldwin from KYW Newsradio, Principal Alexis S. Greaves, Karonn Grant, Nauteya Whyee, Juan Kuilan, Kalasha Towns, Lasheeda Boardley, District Chief of Staff Claudia Averette, Superintendent Gregory Shannon, and President of Springfield Hospital Gwen Smith.